Saturday, August 30, 2014

Where did that week go?

So this week was a bust. School happened in random, unorganized spurts throughout the day because it quickly became an "off" week. Hollis was/is sick for most of the week which included a doctor's visit and lots, and lots of Kleenex. Holy snot balls. She is full of snot....and other good stuff. But sickness and crabbiness and overall aches and pains prevented a lot of "school" from happening. Plus we were supposed to travel this week but because of the snots, we have decided to bunker down at home and get our heads clear.

So with all that being said, I really just picked up last week's plans and finished up some activities we didn't get to. But if all gets well (fingers crossed) next week is a fun filled planned week of school goodies. More to come on that....

I really didn't pull out my camera that much this week. But as I was thinking about next week's plans and what interests the girls the most, play doh and paint were at the top of the list. So I finally got around to making some play doh mats. There are only a million out there and I picked about 20 of my favorites. I really only wanted 10 or so but they all were just so dang cute. The girls LOVED them! We have played play doh every. single. day of our snotties.

 The happy girl with her happy face.
 This one was a favorite. Marin made carrots for the bunny. I'm pretty sure I found it and the faces {here}.
 Uh, yeah, that bunny is going to be full.
 Hollis woke up from her sick coma and joined in on the fun and decorated a chocolate cake.
 Seriously, how sweet is that face. Hate it when she's sick.
 Uh, yeah. That's a booger (or more like a clump of snot) she's handing me. :o) I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom....

Actually. Snot, boogers, brown poop, green poop, runny poop, pee, already chewed up food spit out in my hand because she didn't like it....all seems kinda normal.

Painting. These girls (especially Hollis) could paint or color all day. And these paint pens (or Dot Markers) are awesome! They get to 'paint' without all the fuss. So we painted the letter Aa with our dot markers. I love these dot sheets.  It is way too easy for Marin but she didn't mind at all. Still had fun dotting but she went super fast and was done. Hollis, well, she likes a good mess and did an awesome job taking her time to hit the dots with her marker. **Must include more of these activities in their day.***
 So proud of their work but so not loving the bright flash on the camera. Squinty eyes.


Probably their favorite "on the fly" lesson this week was watching the fallen popsicle melt under hot water. Seriously. It dropped on the floor and instead of trashing it, we ran it under hot water and watched it disappear.
MESMERIZED.
I performed the greatest magic trick of all time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment