Monday, March 16, 2015

Some of March....

This may be the most random post ever. Beware...no clear thoughts or organization to any of these activities. Sorry. 
There have been several "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of days in our school lately. 
 First, Hollis is doing so great in school! She is usually the first one to ask for it or the first one to the school room when I call for them. It is so fun to watch. But here are two of her little math activities: Pattern Puzzles (Melissa and Doug) and a Shape Clothespin Matching Game. She has mastered them both which boosts this girls confidence so much! 

Both girls love to CUT! So here Marin is doing a cut and glue puzzle. She cut out the pieces, matched the numbers, glued them in place and revealed a picture. An apple. She loved the mystery puzzle. Hollis cut her numbers 1-5 and glued them in order. 

I'm trying to get my alphabet activities organized (which is almost impossible). But I have had these ABC play dough mats for a long time but they showed no interest in them. I pulled them out this past week and they were a hit. They both did a great job filling in their letters! 

While they played, it gave me a chance to assess them a little or it let me play too.
But I just stamped a few letters and numbers into my playdough and asked them to point to certain ones. It gave me a quick idea of what letters and number they know, need to work on, difference between a letter or a number, etc. Quick and easy and NO INK involved. ;o)

 Again....I'm getting my ABC work organized. They found my stash and did some pre-writing practice. 

I'm working on our spring sensory bin right now.
I am pretty excited about it and can't wait to get it all finished! 



 This week we are talking about the Letter Pp. We have really taken a break from letter of  the week curriculum this year. After 2 years, they were done with it. But I'm picking it back up for Hollis. They both seem to be happy with their break from it and happy to start it again. So Pp for St. Patrick's Day. 
Pot of gold counting!
The gold coins were leftover from Hollis' pirate party. But they read the number on the pot and place that amount of coins on it. 

 Marin has become VERY interested in drawing and art lately. So we tried a little directed drawing activity. She loved it and her bunny turned out pretty darn cute! She used pastels for the bunny face, marker for outline, and watercolors for background. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment