Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Little Hoot

 This month the Kids Virtual Book Club we are participating in read Amy Krouse Rosenthal books. We read Little Pea and Little Oink (adorable books) but we did our activity on the book Little Hoot. Such a cute and funny story about an owl that unlike his friends wants to go to bed early!

Of course, we made an owl.
Marin loved using the glue. 

Glueing her owl on her tree branch...

Now for the eyes....
Can you tell she is enjoying the glue?



NOSE

And now for some painting! 

Handprint wings! 

I had some iron on transfers left from the marathon shirts, so we naturally turned our Little Hoot owl into a pillow case! (I did this part because as soon as I said "Marin, the iron is hot." She ran away and wouldn't come back. She knows what 'hot' means. :o) But peeling the paper back to reveal her owl was fun to her!
I should have cut around the owl but I forgot.
Still cute. 

And Marin LOVES it! 

1 comments:

awalton said...

This is too cute. I can't believe she uses glue, and so well! Love the owl picture and how fun to put it on the pillow, great way to save it. What a little artist you have! :)

Post a Comment