Monday, September 17, 2012

Children's Book Club

COLOR ZOO
by Lois Ehlert

I decided to participate in the Virtual Book Club for Kids over at Mommy and Me Book Club. I love her blog and all the activities she does with books. So I decided to join and participate in the monthly book club. 
This month was Lois Ehlert, so we read Color Zoo. Marin was more interested in the shapes than the animals the shapes made. So we really did more shape activities. 

I found these tangram pieces and puzzle cards at the Dollar Tree and
thought they'd be perfect to go along with this book. 

I laminated the cards and put magnets on the back of the tangram pieces to help
her keep them in place.
This was still a little hard for her but she still enjoyed playing with them.

Then a Shape Texture Memory Game....
Using felt, pasta, paper clips, and pipe cleaner, I made shapes on cardboard for a memory game.
Marin (20 mths) loves touch and feel books so I thought she would like this game, but....

All she wanted to do was rip the shapes off the cardboard.
She was very frustrated that she could not get them off. :o) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment